Last Saturday (23th Feb 2019) we celebrated the 1000th event on the Verity platform! We’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone in our community who
Since Verity was founded in late 2017, we’ve come a long way. Here are some of the highlights or the story so far:
- Created a concept and built a working prototype of a decentralized oracle for smart contracts
- Built a community of hundreds of participants, testers
- Successfully rebranded (from ‘Eventum’ to ‘Verity’) and redesigned our site
- Recruited a 20-strong team of developers,
marketeers, researchers and business experts
- Tested numerous use cases for Verity
including:insurance claim assessments, fake news identification, sports data reporting, car accident analysis, CCTV footage analysis
- Collected 36K consensus votes
- Distributed 210 ETH (more than $100K!) and 16M VTY in rewards to our community
- Survived the ‘crypto winter of 2018’
- Grown from zero to hundreds of monthly users
- Got accepted to Village Global’s Network Accelerator Programme in the US – backed by Silicon Valley’s biggest names in tech including Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos.
We are continuing to work towards building out the functionality of Verity and our
After this incredible milestone is reached, we will focus on the more intricate mechanisms such as governance rights, behavioural algorithms and other features.
Again – a very big thank you for being part of our exciting story so far and we look forward to growing even further over the coming months.
Check out our celebratory video below: